Or just How to Read a book with pleasure in another language.
You may have a B1 or B2 language level and you wish you could read a book in the language you're learning. All you can find is just some fake editions with prepared translations on the side for you.
The problem is that in order to learn anything you need to be excited. Your brain needs to be. Period. There needs to be a goal.
So you pick up your favourite book or a book in another language that you are dying to read.
The problem again is: you stumble upon a new word and translating it is taking all the pleasure away. You can't focus, you keep forgetting words, plot, context. You search the word in a paper dictionary or on web full of advertises.
YouTalky Learning Mode Can Help You
How to Do It?
- You add a book to YouTalky
- You scan the code from the label and click the highlighter.
- You read the book and type the words you don't know.
How to Actually Learn?
While you are reading the following things can happen and you can profit from that:
- Words get automatically translated and you get a definition in a language that you are reading in.
- You select the definition and click Add Word so it get's added to the database.
- Other readers have access to the words you have translated (you can provide your own definition!)
- You can later check those words on a word list:
Or you can Export Anki Flashcards Deck with all the words you have learned so far.
This increases the speed of reading and let's you learn new words later!
I personally mark the words I translate because Highlighting the words is my yoga but you don't have to.
If you find it useful or want to improve it, please let us know.
Have a wonderful read.